One of the key benefits of taking part in the programme is the value it represents for schools. There are a range of options available.
Golf lessons for kids made simple.
In the 2014/2015 school year, more children had golf lessons with Rising Stars than any other golf programme in Ireland with our PGA coaches delivering golf lessons to over 220 schools and an average of 2,400 children per week. Since its inception in 2011, the programme has grown Nationwide and is widely recognised in the industry as the leading junior golf coaching programme in Ireland. Rising Stars is the ideal golf programme for the school environment. Inclusive, non-discriminant and engaging, it offers a fun introduction to the game of golf, using modified equipment, games and activities, suitable to both indoor and outdoor use in a fun, safe manner.
The curriculum offers much more than basic motor skill development & our range of strands focuses on a number of areas including:
Skills We Teach:
- Skills development - an introduction to the basic skills of the game including putting, chipping, pitching & full swing.
- Core life skills -we will take a deeper look at important life skills such as honestly integrity and respect and their role in life as well as the game of golf.
- Physical intelligence - emphasis on the development of fundamental movement skills.
- Emotional intelligence - development of golf specific coping strategies that can be implemented in facing issues in everyday life.
- Cognitive awareness - using guided discovery tasks to face and overcome specific golf related tasks.
- Cross curricular activities - incorporating age specific lesson plans that help target areas such as numeracy skills, spatial awareness, etc.